Book (Yale University Press)
Spearheaded by neuroscientist and author David J. Linden, this book will be a collection of essays (including one by me!) that highlights neuroscience principles as a way to explore and understand the human experience. Currently in press at Yale University Press, our book is expected for publication in 2018!
- #HowToSurviveLab March 2, 2016
- How the Internet is Changing Open Access October 30, 2014
- The Future of Science Is... Twitter? September 8, 2014
- Honest Abe's Buried Secrets July 28, 2014
- Gregor Mendel: Villain or Victim? July 9, 2014
BioGPS's Gene-of-the-Week Series
A comprehensive resource for gene & protein function, BioGPS is a gene annotation portal that compiles & organizes data across multiple external databases. In our Gene-of-the-Week Series, we highlight unique genes (identified as "popular" via BioGPS users' search queries), describing what makes them fascinating, timely, and relevant to our everyday lives. Join our explorations of the human genome, here!
- How to Stuff a Nucleus March 16, 2015
- Puberty. It's Complicated. March 9, 2015
- When Proteins Fail Quality Control February 23, 2015
- When Fingers Become Claws February 9, 2015
- Don't Judge A Gene By Its Name January 26, 2015
- Ringing In The New Year With Dysferlin December 29, 2014
- A Fifty Billion Dollar Problem December 15, 2014
- The Secret Amino Acid December 1, 2014
- When Cilia March to Their Own Beat November 17, 2014
- Bitter Doesn't Always Mean Bad November 3, 2014
- How to Build a Superhero October 20, 2014
- Let's Talk About Semen October 6, 2014
- The Science and Mysticism of Albinism September 22, 2014
- A Family's Inheritance September 8, 2014
- Why Everyone Should Love Sushi (Domains) August 25, 2014
- An Ode to Eyes August 11, 2014
- Why Benign Tumors Aren't Always Benign July 28, 2014
- Gatekeeper of the Brain July 14, 2014
- Why Prions Are Still Terrifying July 7, 2014
- How to Target a Tumor's Infrastructure June 30, 2014
- 1981 June 16, 2014
- Got Lactoferrin? May 19, 2014
- Does an Aspirin a Day Keep Cancer Away? May 5, 2014
- Holding It All Together with CDH1 April 14, 2014
- HFE and Modern-Day Bloodletting April 2, 2014
NeuWrite San Diego
At NeuWriteSD, we write about neuroscience for anyone with a curious mind! As a collaborative group of grad students at UCSD, we want to share our excitement about science with the public. Our approach to science communication involves integrating science / history / pop culture to create fun, informative, and compelling web content. Start the expedition into your brain, here!
- How an 800-Year-Old Mystery is Changing the Way We Do Science February 19, 2015
UCSD Neuroscience Outreach
Reaching over 2,000 kids per year, the UCSD Neuroscience Outreach Program brings interactive neuroscience activities (and real brains!) to local community events and classrooms. As part of our Teacher Training Program, we proudly present a new series of dynamic, easily accessible lesson plans that promote a laboratory-style approach to learning. With our new curriculum, your students can explore the evolution of the brain, solve mysteries of brain anatomy, and learn the language of neurons!
All teachers are welcome to use our lesson plans. Learn more about our curriculum, here!
Originally published April 2014.
Originally published April 2014.